Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First Soul Center Blog Post!

Hello everyone! I'm creating this blog to provide more information about Soul Center and it's events. We have so much fun when we get together and I rarely get to let parents know what we have done. I'm hoping that Soul Center members will view the blog to reflect on pictures, videos, posts and comments. I created a Soul Center Facebook account several months ago, but at this point I've decided to focus more of my efforts toward this blog. The Soul Center website will continue to provide general information and this blog will involve more details. I will post details about Soul Center monthly events and misc. information that I hope you may find helpful or maybe entertaining:). Please check this blog often. There may be several posts within a couple days and other times not so many.

At the April event, we colored Easter Eggs, decorated Easter cookies and played Bingo. Unfortunately, we forgot to send the eggs home with the members and so my frig has 5 dozen eggs in it. Anyone needing Easter Eggs, pleeeeez make the drive out to Waynesville. They stink:)

The upcoming May 15th event will be one you shouldn't miss! My hair dresser, Young Kim, has once again invited Soul Center members to his salon for a Day of Beauty. This will include getting our hair done (trimmed/cut) and possibly manicures. And since we all know it's no fun to be dressed up with no place to go, we will be heading to Marion's Pizza afterward. The Day of Beauty will start earlier than normal Soul Center events.....probably 11a.m. or noon but I will have those details soon. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

In regards to our Soul Center CSP (Community Service Project), members voted on Four Paws. Mrs. Horstman has been kind enough to research Four Paws and find someone in the local area in need of a service dog. I'm working on making that connection and hope to kick off this CSP soon!

Please feel free to leave your comments and have a super duper soaking wet rainy day:)

3 comments:

  1. thatss cool im off work this sundaYYY YAYAYA happy early easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen we will eat egg salad on Sunday lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome man, also happy Easter everyone! I will see you guys at the next soul Center event!

    ReplyDelete